Welcome to our Milestone Life Blog. You may be wondering, “What is this?” That is a great question.
Here’s something I’ve discovered in the process of leading people: Whatever you celebrate, people will emulate. The things that you take the time to draw attention to, to give honor to, to promote with the most visibility, create clear pathways for people to follow.
Every week at the beginning of my message I intentionally find things that are happening here at Milestone that I want to celebrate with all of you.
· Sometimes it’s a great story of life transformation in one of our ministry areas
· Sometimes it’s a report of what we accomplished together on a missions’ project
· Sometimes it’s the story of a little girl who stepped out in faith to lead a small group with her friend.
We all get excited because of what God did…and we leave looking for opportunities to see something like that happen in our lives. But here’s what I realized:
1) I don’t have time to share everything that’s happening in those brief minutes at the start of the message.
2) Not everyone listens to every message.
So we thought, “Why not create a space where we can celebrate together as a church family all the great things God’s doing in our church?” And here we are.
In addition, I’ll also share an inspiring encouragement or a leadership insight I’ve found valuable. From time to time, we’ll also hear from some of our pastors. But more than anything, what we’re celebrating are the stories of what our loving God is doing in the lives of people like you.
From the very beginning, Milestone Church hasn’t been about a few superstar Christians that regular people come to watch. We’re an everyone church. Everyone has a place. Everyone has unique gifts from God that can be used to serve and add value to others. Everyone can join in the incredible things God’s doing.
We’re an everyone church…and this is an everyone blog. I’m praying it will inspire and encourage you to love God and serve people with all your heart.